Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Stella Maxwell shoots Karl Lagerfeld look book

Photo: Dazed Digital

We discovered what a lovely person Stella Maxwell is when she shot beauty for Black 11 with Craig Owen. She's also a great model, and as her mother agent Aliana McDaniel says in this issue of Black, is "blessed with an amazing face and is incredibly lucky to have a genetic imprint on her physique that is actually quite unobtainable for most women, even for a lot of models." Karl Lagerfeld agrees. In the past month or so, the NZ model featured in his look book with photographer Xiang Sun and shot a campaign for Ermanno Scervino with model Anna Kalina in Florence. We tracked down Stella in Paris to find out more....



Stella: I shot the Karl Lagerfeld look book a few weeks ago. It will be his first lookbook which hasn't been made up of pictures from his runway show so it was exciting for me to be the one to do it. The photographer was Xiang Sun. I loved his concept for the shoot, we had a really great day and I can't wait to see the pictures! Black: What are you reading at the moment? Currently reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, it's really good.. I recommend! I'll definitely be reading the sequels!What's your soundtrack for life at the moment? At the moment I really love a song called Jungle Fever by the Chakachas...I've also been listening to Angus and Julia Stone as well, their music is really cool and chill. When might you next be home?I'm hoping to come back to NZ in the very near future.. August would be great as there's a months holiday in the fashion industry in Europe during that time. Can't wait to see all my friends and of course shoot some great editorials there! As for work to come, you'll have to wait and see :) See you all very soon!!! Love from Paris!